I just wrote an entire paper on aspects of the bible without ever having to physically search for a quote.
I cited 19th century Atheists
Found opposing view points
And located bible verses on various topics with ease.
It is truly amazing what one can do with the internet...and I think I am just beginning to realize how amazing. I have insane amounts of information at my fingertips at all times of the day. I can search for information on Japan, Ancient Israel, and 19th Century England as if I were in a massive library all without leaving the comfort of my own dorm.
It is truly amazing the amount of information our generation has at its fingertips. I can barely imagine having to write papers before the internet's invention due to the frequency in which I use it.
This causes me to wonder whether books will one day become obsolete. Will all texts one day be available on-line? Will things no longer be published at all?
Even though I am a firm believer in progress and the internet...I have to say I hope not. I do not want to lose books as a medium. I love the feel of paper between my fingertips and the thrill of putting a book down after a week of reading it. The loss of books would be a sad day, even if the internet is easier and more efficient.
I cited 19th century Atheists
Found opposing view points
And located bible verses on various topics with ease.
It is truly amazing what one can do with the internet...and I think I am just beginning to realize how amazing. I have insane amounts of information at my fingertips at all times of the day. I can search for information on Japan, Ancient Israel, and 19th Century England as if I were in a massive library all without leaving the comfort of my own dorm.
It is truly amazing the amount of information our generation has at its fingertips. I can barely imagine having to write papers before the internet's invention due to the frequency in which I use it.
This causes me to wonder whether books will one day become obsolete. Will all texts one day be available on-line? Will things no longer be published at all?
Even though I am a firm believer in progress and the internet...I have to say I hope not. I do not want to lose books as a medium. I love the feel of paper between my fingertips and the thrill of putting a book down after a week of reading it. The loss of books would be a sad day, even if the internet is easier and more efficient.
Hopefully we never lose books, even if it would save trees.

No comments:
Post a Comment