Sorry about the lack of posts the last two weeks. Things got a bit crazy for me. Life and all that.
Although, the saddest thing that happened is actually relatable to what these blogs are supposed to be about.
Two weeks ago, a friend of mine passed away after a year long battle with Leukemia. Last time I had talked to him, he was for all intents and purposes in remission. I hadn't talked to him since graduation though.
A FaceBook chat here, a MySpace message there. It is crazy how distant your high school friends become once you move onto college.
About a month ago, I went on his FaceBook and saw many well wishing messages and notes that they were praying for him. His leukemia had come out of remission. I was saddened for him, but I assummed he had time. I thought that I would talk to him next time he was online. Send him a message to see what was up and how he was feeling.
I didn't have that time. Two weeks ago, I traveled to his myspace, intent on sending him a message, only to see his comment box completely flooded.
"Goodbye. We will miss you."
"It will be weird not having you around."
"R.I.P."
" I'm not going to say goodbye because I know I will see you again."
He had lost the battle that we had thought he would beat, the battle we thought he had beaten....and I learned through MySpace.
It is amazing how information travels these days. Not through phone. Not from person to person. But through the internet.
I'm glad I found out, but I will always be wishing that I had sent that message sooner. Two weeks can make all the difference.
Goodbye Korey. I hope they have facebook up there so that I can send you a line sometime.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment